Albert Einstein said, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”
So much marketing is wasted, yet most organisations continue doing the same thing hoping for a different result.
While there may be some interesting parallels between certain science disciplines and marketing strategy, it is important to note that they are two very different fields with different principles and applications. It is not clear that quantum theory has any direct application to marketing strategy in 2023.
However, there are some ways that scientific principles can inform the approach and application of marketing strategy. For example, some scientific methods that can be applied to marketing are marketing research, where hypotheses are tested through experimentation and data analysis. Additionally, principles of psychology and neuroscience can inform marketing tactics, such as how to influence consumer behaviour and decision-making.
The importance of using an experienced, trusted 3rd party advisor
Marketing advisors and consultants are important because they can provide expertise and guidance in developing effective marketing campaigns. Here are some benefits of using marketing strategy consultants:
- Objectivity: Marketing consultants can provide an objective view of your business and its marketing needs. They are not emotionally invested in your business, which means they can provide unbiased recommendations.
- Industry knowledge: Marketing consultants are experts in their field and have a deep understanding of industry trends, consumer behavior, and marketing strategies that work. They can provide insights and recommendations based on their knowledge and experience.
- Cost-effective: Hiring a marketing consultant can be cost-effective compared to hiring a full-time marketing team. You only pay for the services you need, and you can work with consultants on a project-by-project basis.
- Customized solutions: Marketing consultants can provide customized solutions that are tailored to your business’s unique needs and goals. They can work with you to develop a marketing strategy that fits your budget, resources, and target audience.
The main strategies used by marketing consultants vary depending on the consultant and the project. However, some common strategies include:
- Market research: Marketing consultants conduct market research to understand the target audience, competitors, and industry trends. They use this information to develop a marketing strategy that addresses the needs and preferences of the target audience.
- Branding: Marketing consultants help businesses develop and strengthen their brand. This includes developing a brand identity, messaging, and visual elements that resonate with the target audience.
- Digital marketing: Marketing consultants can help businesses develop a digital marketing strategy that includes social media, email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and other tactics.
- Advertising: Marketing consultants can help businesses develop and execute advertising campaigns that target the right audience and generate leads and sales.
The processes used by marketing consultants also vary depending on the consultant and the project. However, some common processes include:
- Discovery: Marketing consultants start by learning about the business, its goals, and its target audience. They conduct interviews with key stakeholders and review data and analytics to gain insights into the business.
- Strategy development: Marketing consultants develop a marketing strategy that includes tactics and timelines. They work with the business to refine the strategy until it meets their needs and goals.
- Implementation: Marketing consultants help businesses execute the marketing strategy. This includes creating content, launching campaigns, and tracking results.
- Evaluation: Marketing consultants evaluate the results of the marketing campaign and make adjustments as needed. They use data and analytics to measure the success of the campaign and provide recommendations for future marketing efforts.
If you’re not using these strategies you need a consultant that is trusted and experienced.
What you should look for in an advisor or consultant
It’s important to use experienced marketing advisors and consultants, especially with the changing landscape of B2B buying journey because they can provide valuable insights, expertise, and guidance to help companies navigate through complex marketing challenges and stay ahead of the competition.
Here are some key points that B2B, SaaS, and Tech companies should look for in a marketing consultant and marketing strategy advisor:
- Industry-specific knowledge: Look for a consultant who has experience working in your industry or vertical. They should have a deep understanding of the market dynamics, trends, and challenges that affect your business.
- Track record of success: A good marketing consultant should have a track record of success, and be able to provide case studies and references to demonstrate their expertise and results.
- Holistic approach: Look for a consultant who takes a holistic approach to marketing strategy, and understands how different marketing tactics and channels work together to drive results. They should be able to provide recommendations on a range of marketing activities, including content marketing, SEO, social media, email marketing, and more.
- Data-driven approach: Look for a consultant who uses data to drive decision-making and measure success. They should be able to analyze marketing metrics and provide insights that help you optimize your marketing efforts.
- Collaboration and communication skills: A good marketing consultant should be a collaborative partner who can work closely with your team to understand your business and goals. They should be able to communicate effectively and provide clear recommendations and feedback.
Overall, working with an experienced marketing advisor and consultant can help B2B, SaaS, and Tech companies develop effective marketing strategies that drive growth and success in today’s rapidly changing landscape.
Digital Clarity has been involved in helping numerous brands in the tech and B2B space achieve great things with the right strategy and guidance. To learn more, please get in touch.