Chatsworth House is a spectacular stately home to the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire. Chatsworth estate offers 35,000 acres of beautiful land and a wide range of events within the house and gardens throughout the year.
Chatsworth began working with Digital Clarity from summer 2013 to promote exciting events and has developed into creating a new strategy to engage visitors to explore the English heritage of Chatsworth House.
The most immediate goal was to move focus from PPC brand spend, to non brand terms with a view to engaging new visitors.
- Increase non brand relevant traffic
- Increase ticket sales online
- Increase awareness of Chatsworth House, gardens and events to families looking for days out
Optimising a not for profit account within Google Grant limitation was a challenge. In order to shift the focus to non brand searches we first had to increase CTR’s and quality scores from landing pages in order to allow for lower CPC’s.
- To train the team at Chatsworth House to have a deeper understanding of AdWords PPC
- Reduce brand keywords and focus on specific match types of “family days out” & “days out with the kids” related terms
- Promote specific seasonal events and exhibitions
- Localised targeting and bid strategies to optimise within the $2 max bid limit
- Troubleshooting and supporting the upgrade to Google Universal Analytics
- Implement enhanced e-commerce tracking to report on ticket sales
- Implementation of Google Tag Manager to allow Digital Clarity to make code changes hence saving 3rd party costs
Within the last year Digital Clarity have created a strategy to transform Chatsworth’s traffic to their site:
- 95% of paid traffic comes from non brand
- Overall traffic increase of 20%
- CTR increase of 2.55%
- Conversion increase of 245%
- Revenue increase of 236%