A high end retail company established for over 50 years approached Digital Clarity after their website and business was heavily affected by the Google algorithm updates, Penguin and Panda.
Within 12 months the SEO was back on track, with 16% YOY growth. Digital Clarity devised a successful PPC strategy to drive enquiries and footfall in the interim.
Through the drop in SEO rankings, Wharfside also experienced a fall in traffic and in turn enquiries and footfall. Having been heavily reliant on organic traffic to drive sales, it was mission critical to recover fast meanwhile increasing enquiries via more instant channels.
- Reduce the deficit in SEO traffic created by Penguin and Panda updates
- Increase SEO traffic to the site
- Increase SEO ranking
- Increase the number of enquiries through the website
- Increase offline footfall into their stores
The quick fix focused on understanding which keywords and pages had seen traffic and enquiries from organic whilst plugging the gap with the launch of a PPC strategy. This bought some time to start unraveling the SEO challenges and optimising for Google’s best practice guidelines.
- Paid search strategy to recover Google traffic and enquiries
- Increase initial SEO keyword ranking
- Recover SEO traffic
- Track and monitor improvement and ROI
In less than 12 months we reduced the deficit and increased year on year results as of March.
- ROI grew 34% on average and where recovery on SEO keywords was achieved, the PPC budgets were able to be invested into new products
- Wharfside’s keyword rankings were back up